BLS-D / PBLS-D / EFR – BASE LIFE SUPPORT AND DEFIBRILLATOR COURSE it’s a first aid training course suitable for everyone.
During the course you will learn how to prevent, manage and assist injured person waiting professional rescuer.
The BLS-D / PBLS-D course, it is increasingly attended by all kinds of people interested to know how to react if needed a first aid during day-life.
With the aim of increasing their personal culture and acquiring simple but very important notions that can help to intervene promptly and correctly in emergency situations.
THE COURSE PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- Pediatric and adult cardiopulmonary resuscitation techniques
- clearing of the airways in the pediatric and adult subjects
- use of the AED, Automatic External Defibrillator
Attending in a BLS-D course opens up new knowledge to the awareness of being able to make a difference, and of being able to effectively intervene with competence in case of need.
- Unblock a person who is not breathing.
- recognize a person in cardio-circulatory arrest.
- promptly and effectively organize the aid and intervention of medical personnel.
- practice CPR, implement protocols for the use of the defibrillator (AED), both on adult than on children.
This is what you will be able to do after having attended and passed the course.
STRUCTURE OF THE FIRST AID COURSE
All the maneuvers illustrated during the course are explained in a simple and intuitive way, supported by images and simulations performed correctly by the instructor and his assistants.
Furthermore, in order to make the techniques their own, a large part of the course is dedicated to practical tests on approved mannequins, and with AED Trainer, simulating different situations in which the rescuer can find himself.
At the end of each course, a knowledge check, conducted through multiple choice quizzes, allows you to review all the topics and clarify any doubts.
OBJECTIVES OF THE COURSE
By participating in the BLS-D / PBLS-D course of BLS-D Academy you will learn how to:
- Recognize and implement preventive actions that can avoid domestic accidents that cause potential respiratory or cardiac arrest
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of sudden cardiac arrest
- Evaluate the situation that arises and provide appropriate assistance during a respiratory or cardiac arrest
- Practice CPR on adults, children and infants
- Alert emergency services and provide correct information
- Use an AED on adults and children
- Carry out unblocking maneuvers on both adults and children and infants
- Prevent pediatric foreign body obstruction
INTERNATIONAL BLS-D FIRST AID CERTIFICATION
Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a first aid operator certification, worldwide accepted.
This course is in fact often used to obtain credits from universities or for public competitions (see specifications of the calls).
The achievement of the BLS-D / PBLS-D certification is also mandatory and preparatory to attend the Rescue Diver and Freediving 3 ° Level courses in the major diving teaching agencies in the world.
THE TEACHING MATERIAL
The course manual, easy to understand and complete with numerous images, follows the dictates of ILCOR, International Liasion Committee on Resuscitation.
BLS-D Academy only adopts online or digitally printed educational material, in order to guarantee at all times the distribution of updated material according to the most recent official guidelines.